Last updated: 25 June 2020.
If you have questions about data protection, or if you have any requests concerning your personal data, we encourage you to primarily contact us through the game, so we can reply to you more quickly.
Name of the controller: Next Games Corporation
Address: Aleksanterinkatu 9 A, FI-00100, Helsinki, Finland
- What data we collect about you
- How we use your data
- Who can see your data
- How we protect your data when transferred internationally
- Your rights and options
- How we protect your data
- Age Limits
DATA WE COLLECT
Data you provide us
- Contact information (such as name and e-mail address)
- Player name and password
- Profile information (such as profile photo)
- Your messages to the Service (such as chat logs and player support tickets)
- Other data you choose to give us (such as data to identify a lost account)
Data we collect automatically
- Data about your account and game progress
- Your IP address and mobile device identifiers (such as your device ID, advertising ID, MAC address, IMEI)
- Data about your device, such as device name and operating system, browser type and language
- Data we collect with cookies and similar technologies (see more below)
- General location data
- Precise geolocation data (GPS, in case of a location-based game)
- Data about your use of the Service, such as gameplay data and your interactions with other players inside the Service
- In most cases, we also create Next Games specific ID’s for you when you use the Service
Data we collect from our partners
- Data we receive if you link a third-party tool with the Service (such as Facebook or Apple’s Game Center)
- Demographic data (such as to determine the coarse location of your IP address)
- Data to fight fraud (such as refund abuse in games or click fraud in advertising)
- Data from platforms that the games run on (e.g. to verify payment)
- Data for advertising and analytics purposes, so we can provide you a better Service
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
To make the Service work
To perform the contract, we process data necessary to
- Create accounts and allow you to play our games and use our Service
- Operate the Service
- Verify and confirm payments
- Provide and deliver products and services you request
- Send you Service-related communications
To make the Service more suitable for our players
To provide a great Service to our players, we have a legitimate interest to collect and process necessary data to
- Update and develop player profiles
- Develop and improve the Service and similar Next Games’ services, and player experience
- Enable you to use the augmented reality features of the Service allowing you to interact in shared worlds that blend with the real world
- Manage our relationship with you
- Provide social features as part of the Service
- Customize your Service experience, including a gameplay experience tied to your real-world location
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide player support
- Provide you Next Games offers in the Service as well as in other websites and services, and by e-mail
- Send you related information, such as updates, security alerts, and support messages
- Enable you to communicate with other players
- Enable and verify certain actions
- Analyze the performance of the advertisements displayed in the Service
To show personalized advertisements
To show you personalized advertisements in the Service as well as in other websites and services (including e-mail) we have a legitimate interest to process necessary data to
- Track the content you access in connection with the Service and your online behavior
- Deliver, target and improve our advertising and the Service
- Identify you when you are interacting with the Service on multiple devices so that we can facilitate your use of the Service and manage and analyze the performance of advertisements displayed to you.
For information on how to opt-out from personalized advertisements, see section ‘Your rights and options’ below.
To keep the Service safe and fair
In order to keep the Service and its social features safe and fair, to fight fraud and ensure acceptable use otherwise, we have a legitimate interest to process necessary data to
- Analyze and monitor use of the Service and its social features
- Moderate chats either automatically or manually
- Take action against fraudulent or misbehaving players
To analyze, profile, and segment
In all of the above cases and purposes, we may analyze, profile and segment all collected data.
With your consent
With your consent, we may process your data for additional purposes.
WHO CAN SEE YOUR DATA
Apart from Next Games, your data can be accessed by others in the following situations.
Other players and users
Social features are a core component of our games. Other players and users may, for example, see your profile data, in-game activities, leaderboard position and read the messages you have posted.
Partners working for Next Games
Next Games has partners to perform services for us. These partners process your data only at and according to Next Games’ instructions to provide the Service, such as hosting, player support, advertising, analytics and fraud prevention.
Other companies and public authorities
In order to combat fraud and illegal activity, we may exchange data with other companies and organizations and provide it to public authorities in response to lawful requests.
We may also disclose your data based on your consent, to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our players or others.
Advertising and Social Media partners
The Service may use third parties such as network advertisers and ad exchanges to serve you ads, including interest-based ads, on the Service or on third-party services after you leave the Service, and we may use third-party analytics and other service providers to evaluate and provide us and/or third parties with information about the use of the Service and viewing of ads and of our content. “Interest-based ads” are behavioral ads targeted to you based on your activities across third-party sites and across time, including retargeting of ads after you have left the Service and are on a third-party service.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
YOUR RIGHTS AND OPTIONS
Opt-out of marketing e-mails and other direct marketing
You may opt-out of receiving promotional communications, such as marketing e-mails from us by following the instructions in such communications.
Opt-out of targeted advertising
You can opt-out of interest-based advertising on mobile applications by checking the privacy settings of your iOS or Android device and selecting “limit ad tracking” (Apple iOS) or “opt-out of interest based ads” (Android). You can also visit the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) Opt-Out Page, which provides a tool that identifies its member companies that have cookies on your browser and provides links to those companies. Additionally, some third parties that serve Interest-based ads via mobile apps may offer you choices regarding such practices and their technologies, including offering a device-based opt-out option via a downloadable app available at: http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices. We are not responsible for this app, including without limitation its accuracy or limitations, or any representations made in connection with it.
For personalized in-game advertising you will be asked for consent before watching the first ad. If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time using the options provided in the game settings. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
Access the personal data we hold about you
If you request, we will provide you a copy of your personal data in an electronic format.
Your other rights
You also have the right to correct your data, have your data deleted, object to how we use or share your data, and restrict how we use or share your data. You can always withdraw your consent, for example by turning off GPS location sharing in your mobile device settings.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We may use GPS (global positioning systems) software and other precise location-based technologies to locate you so we may verify your location, deliver you relevant content based on your location, as well as allow you to share your location with other players as part of the services we provide via the Service. Upon you downloading the game, we provide location-based technologies to determine your approximate and/or exact location information. In addition to traditional GPS location-based services, we or some of our partners and others we work with may utilize low power Bluetooth, wifi, radio transmitters, or other devices in physical locations, which emit a signal that the game can detect to pinpoint your location or otherwise interact with the game. Because such precise location-based technologies are more precise than GPS, we can improve the Service and game such as to send you more specific and relevant messages and offers. In addition, you may be able to send your location information via the Service to other Service users. You should consider the pros and cons involved in disclosing your location information to us and to others. Where a user of the Service requests that their location information be revealed to other persons, the user will be provided options for managing sharing services, which may be through third party services such as through social media networks. We are not responsible for the acts, omissions or policies of such third parties.
There may be other technologies now and later devised and used by us in connection with the Service.
Third parties are developing or have developed signals or other mechanisms known as “Do Not Track signals”. However, there is not yet a uniform technological standard. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take any action with respect to these signals or other mechanisms, though we may consider doing so when a standard is developed and widely adopted.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
In order to help ensure a secure and safe player experience, we are continuously developing and implementing administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your data from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration.
We retain your data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the Service. We will for example periodically de-identify unused game accounts and we regularly review and de-identify unnecessary data.
Note that if you ask us to remove your personal data, we will retain your data as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Any California residents under the age of eighteen (18) who have registered to use the Service, and who posted content or information on the Service, can request removal of such content or information by contacting us at email@example.com, detailing where the content or information is posted and attesting that you posted it. Thereafter, we will make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from public view prospectively or anonymize the post, so the minor cannot be individually identified to the extent required by applicable law. Please note that this removal process cannot ensure complete or comprehensive removal (e.g., third parties may have republished or archived the content in a manner that we do not control).
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal data about or direct or target interest-based advertising to anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to use our Services. If you are under 13, please do not send any data about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address. No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal data. If we learn that we have collected personal data about a child under age 13, we will delete that data as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any data from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us.
If you are a California resident, please be aware that under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, (“CCPA”), you are entitled to receive specific information on how we process your data. You also have specific rights to your data, including the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information. To view this specific information, please see our California Notice.