Are you a skilled Frontend Developer with a passion for games?
We are looking for individuals to join our server team. Your main responsibility is around our internal tool for managing players and content in the games that we run. Your clients are our very own marketing, support and game teams, you will be closely working with the actual users of the tools. You get to design and implement cool features that are used to operate the game on daily basis. Our systems run in Azure but you will get around just fine if you have at least some experience from any cloud service provider. Services are mainly written in C#, so good skills on that is an advantage. Our tools are using React / Redux as the frontend and under the hood we are using C#.
This is what you’ll get to work on:
– Design and program our tools for game teams, support and marketing
– Design and tweak our monitoring/reporting systems
– Building statistics systems for big data
– Have fun brainstorming cool new features with the game teams for players
– Learn from your colleagues the latest there is on tech
Your experience and skills include:
– 3+ years proven web service development experience
– React / Reduc experience is a big plus
– C# knowledge or experience
– Cloud principals (azure, aws or google)
– Modern web technologies (HTML and stuff, name your favourite js frameworks)
– Strong scripting skills (both unix and windows)
– Knowledge of agile development methodologies
– Experience in working in the games industry is a big plus, but not must
– Excellent communication skills in English
– Good backend development skills are a big plus, but not a must
– Passion for games is required
Next Games is proud to be ranked as one of the best employers in Finland by the esteemed Great Place to Work© organization! We are the only game studio on the list and believe that our strong value-based culture is one of the main reasons our employees love to work here. We are passionate about our core values – Caring, Curiosity, and Courage – so these should be close to your heart as well.
Here at Next Games we aim high and will ask you to do the same. In exchange, you’ll be part of a team that is great to work with, who is dedicated and passionate about what we do – we believe passion is contagious. Giving each Nextgamer the tools and means to succeed in their job is our priority. We believe the fruits of our labor should be shared with everyone at Next Games. We offer the opportunity to work with a great bunch of passionate and dedicated people, a competitive salary and benefits package, and first and foremost a big challenge.
For more information, please contact Kalle Hiitola, by email (kalle.hiitola(at)nextgames.com or tel. +358 41 5151 717).
When you apply, please send us a short cover letter why you’re interested in joining our team along with your CV and salary request as soon as possible. Please note that we do not accept applications via email, please apply following the link. Thank you – we look forward to hearing from you!