We are looking for talented individuals to join our server team of ~20 developers. Your main responsibility is around our own backend service for our games. You’ll be working on all areas of back-end development and everyday work is done closely with game and analytics teams. Our systems run in Azure, on top of DocumentDB, Table and Blob storages. Services are mainly written in C#, so good skills on that is a must. Game service runs on top of Service Fabric. Our internal tools run on .Net Core, MS MVC and React.
This is what you’ll get to work on:
- Work with cutting edge technology around .NET and Azure
- Solve mystical problems that might occur when hordes of people play the best games in the world
- Design and tweak our monitoring/reporting systems
- Optimize services according to the millions of players that log into our games
- Building statistics systems for big data
- Have fun brainstorming cool new features with the game teams for players
Your experience and skills include:
- 3+ years proven server development experience
- Proven track record in server architecture and programming
- API integrations (experience with monitoring/logging/alerting services)
- C# knowledge & Visual Studio basics
- Azure & AWS (cloud environment experience) is a big plus
- PowerShell (and *sh scripting experience)
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Experience in working in the games industry is a big plus
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Web frontend skills are a big plus, but not must
- Passion for games is required
Next Games is proud to be ranked as one of the best employers in Finland by the esteemed Great Place to Work© organization! We are the only game studio on the list and believe that our strong value-based culture is one of the main reasons our employees love to work here. We are passionate about our core values – Caring, Curiosity, and Courage – so these should be close to your heart as well.
Here at Next Games we aim high and will ask you to do the same. In exchange, you’ll be part of a team that is great to work with, who is dedicated and passionate about what we do – we believe passion is contagious. Giving each Nextgamer the tools and means to succeed in their job is our priority. We believe the fruits of our labor should be shared with everyone at Next Games. We offer the opportunity to work with a great bunch of passionate and dedicated people, a competitive salary and benefits package, and first and foremost a big challenge.
For more information, please contact Oskari Kokko, by email (oskari.kokko(at)nextgames.com or tel. +358 50 383 8513).
When you apply, please send us a short cover letter why you’re interested in joining our team along with your CV and salary request as soon as possible.