SENIOR GAME PROGRAMMER
Do you enjoy the feeling of solving complicated problems? Would you like to be part of creating engaging gameplay experiences for millions of players? How about having a front-row seat to state of the art mobile game development?
We are looking for a Senior Game Programmer to work with our talented and experienced developers. Your responsibilities start from estimating work with your colleagues to taking ownership of your work and delivering the finished feature to QA. The type of work you’ll get to work on changes from week to week and version to version but basically you will design and develop features for our existing and upcoming games.
If you have the dedication and skills that we are looking for, this is a unique opportunity to work with some of the world’s best-known IPs such as The Walking Dead and Bladerunner, as well as some other exciting projects that will be publicly announced at a later time.
This is what you’ll get to work on:
- Developing an innovative live product which has a great team of developers and a passionate and dedicated player base
- Implementing new gameplay features
- Investigating and solving issues in the game
- Improving the performance and quality of the game
- Participating in the development the Next Games technology platform
Your experience and technical skills include:
- Strong C# programming skills
- Experience working with Unity
- Minimum of 10 years of programming experience
- Ability to work with a large existing code base
- Experience in data-driven systems
- Writing high-quality robust code
- Worked on a published game, preferably shipped at least 1 game
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Your personal skills include:
- Passionate about making great F2P mobile games
- Able to take feedback and build on it
- Able to take responsibility of your work
- Disciplined and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Independent and proactive
- Ability to collaborate across different disciplines
We consider these a plus:
- Experience in working with a live product and SaaS
- Interest in participating in game design
Next Games is proud to be ranked as one of the best employers in Finland by the esteemed Great Place to Work© organization! We are the only game studio on the list and believe that our strong value-based culture is one of the main reasons our employees love to work here. We are passionate about our core values – Caring, Curiosity, and Courage – so these should be close to your heart as well.
Here at Next Games we aim high, and will ask you to do the same. In exchange, you’ll be part of a team that is great to work with, who is dedicated and passionate about what we do – we believe passion is contagious. Giving each Nextgamer the tools and means to succeed in their job is our priority. We believe the fruits of our labor should be shared with everyone at Next Games. We offer the opportunity to work with a great bunch of passionate and dedicated people, a competitive salary and benefits package, and first and foremost a big challenge.
Does this sound like you? Send your CV and cover letter along with your salary request through the link below as soon as possible, as we’ll proceed once the right person is found.