Where others see a mousetrap, you see a piece of cheese and an interesting challenge. As a game designer you pride yourself on creating the systems and rules that govern the playing experience, and are adept at explaining your concepts to a dynamic development team. You live and breathe free-to-play games with strong social elements and want to take the market forward with leading designs.
For the right candidate, this is a unique opportunity not only to work with some of the world’s most well-known IPs such as The Walking Dead and Blade Runner, but also to design and help build original games and concepts.
This is what you’ll get to work on:
- Develop and maintain design documentation, including gameplay mechanics, guidelines, UI flows, game loops and player progression
- Plan and implement the game economy and gameplay, and tune it with live game metrics and user experience testing
- Work with the Executive Producer to define and drive the design of a game: the mechanics, story, missions, and more
- Develop concepts and prototypes
Your experience and skills include:
- Free-to-play game design experience is a must!
- Passion for games and the ability to articulate that passion clearly and analytically
- Proven track record of professional game design
- Excellent analytical, facilitation and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in an agile, iterative manner with the game team
- Experience in designing cooperative or competitive social game mechanics in a mobile game is a big plus
- User interface and user experience design experience a big plus
- Disciplined and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Comfortable modelling systems on a spreadsheet
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Next Games is proud to be ranked as one of the best employers in Finland by the esteemed Great Place to Work© organization! We are the only game studio on the list and believe that our strong value-based culture is one of the main reasons our employees love to work here. We are passionate about our core values – Caring, Curiosity, and Courage – so these should be close to your heart as well.
Here at Next Games we aim high and will ask you to do the same. In exchange, you’ll be part of a team that is great to work with, who is dedicated and passionate about what we do – we believe passion is contagious. Giving each Nextgamer the tools and means to succeed in their job is our priority. We believe the fruits of our labor should be shared with everyone at Next Games. We offer the opportunity to work with a great bunch of passionate and dedicated people, a competitive salary and benefits package, and first and foremost a big challenge.
Does this sound like you? Send your CV and cover letter along with your salary request through the link below as soon as possible as we’ll proceed once the right person is found.