As a free-to-play game company, we can provide
a unique opportunity to study human behavior based on huge, behaviorally relevant data generated outside lab environment. Whatever your discipline, you can be one of the very first to utilize its methodology and your skills in analysing and modeling such data.
The Analytics team at Next Games is rapidly growing, enthusiastic and diverse. We are responsible for giving other teams visibility, predictions and actionable information on the data. The Analysts are involved in all phases of the lifetime of a game. We initially specify the data to be collected from gameplay, and eventually turn it into actionable pieces of information. Outside the game teams, we analyse information gathered by Player Support, help targeting our user acquisition and marketing efforts, and produce data for finance and accounting.
You will get to work with around 130 friendly and talented games professionals in our amazing office in the centre of Helsinki, and you’ll report to the Head of Analytics. We offer you a great opportunity to grow and learn through working for a newly listed company on Nasdaq First North.
What you get to do:
- Support the game teams in decisions and development, based on the past data on player behaviour
- Specify and possibly implement game analytics event reporting to the company’s big data storage
- Proactively follow the collective behaviour of players to spot any significant changes
- Construct reliable reporting of high-level figures, such as daily number of users and money spent in the game, to be utilized by the analytics team’s finance/marketing specialists
- Model the player behaviour and/or game economics in order to understand, predict and facilitate affecting them
- Answer ad-hoc questions of the game teams regarding player statistics and behaviour
- Provide analytics to support day-to-day operations and tactical product management according to business priorities
- Provide in-depth player intelligence through advanced statistical techniques resulting in actionable insights and recommendations
What you will definitely get to work on as a part of the team: all the hands-on routine work that makes the above possible
Regardless of your background, you are expected to:
- Have completed at least Master’s Degree on your field, with a bias relevant to game analytics
- Have skills in mathematical modeling: strong minor in statistics with willingness to learn more is the absolute minimum. Candidates with background in hard sciences are expected to have solid understanding of Bayesian statistics, at least elementary knowledge of machine learning algorithms and strong, all-round mathematical education.
- Initially know at least the basics of SQL
- Be familiar with at least one programming/scripting environment used for (scientific) analysis, preferably Python or R
- Be able to communicate meaningful analysis results to people with little mathematical background
- Have excellent skills in both written and oral English, no Finnish required
- Learn as you go, and enjoy sharing insights across discipline boundaries
- Have excellent data visualization skills
- Knowledge of gaming sector is a plus, as well as understanding the free to play business model
- Like to play free to play games
We expect you to be a gamer at heart and have never-ending curiosity towards data. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply. Having international background and cultural sensitivity will help you in integrating into our office of 17 different nationalities.
Next Games is proud to be ranked as one of the best employers in Finland by the esteemed Great Place to Work© -organization! We are the only game studio on the list and believe that our strong value-based culture is one of the main reasons for our employees loving to work here. We are passionate about our core values – Caring, Curiosity, and Courage – so these should be close to your heart as well.
Does this sound like you? Then please send your CV and cover letter along with your salary request as soon as possible, as we’ll proceed once we’ve found the right persons to join our team!