Last updated: 25 June 2020
Scope of Supplemental Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) establishes specific rights for the residents of the State of California to control their personal information and requires businesses to provide specific information to residents of the State of California regarding how their personal information is collected, used and shared with others.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Within the context of this Notice and the CCPA, the term “personal information” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
During the last 12 months, Next Games has collected the following personal information about players for the following purposes.
Categories of Personal Information
- Indentifiers, such as Player Name, Device ID, Advertising ID, Email Address, IP Address, Name, Telephone Number
- Player Data, such as Passwords, Chat Logs, Player Support Tickets
- Protected Classification Characteristics, such as Age and Gender
- Commercial Information, such as products or services purchased or obtained, information about in-app purchases and advertising behavior
- Geolocation Data, such as IP Address, GPS Data, location shared by device or Wi-Fi connection location
Sources of Personal Information
- Players, meaning the information the player submits to Next Games
- Player’s Devices, meaning the information automatically transmitted by the player’s device
- Data Services, meaning the information gathered by Data Services used by Next Games
- Service Providers, meaning the information Service Providers used by Next Games submits in connection of the players’ activity, for example to verify a payment
- Social Network Services, meaning the information the player submits to Social Network Service channels operated by Next Games
- Analytic Services, meaning the information about the player activity and behavior any Analytic Services used by Next Games transmits in connection of the normal operation of the service
Purpose of Collection of Personal Information
- Operating the business and services of Next Games
- Making the Services more suitable for players
- Showing personalized advertisements
- Keeping the Service safe and fair
- Analyzing, profiling and segmenting players
Disclosing of Personal Information
- Other players and users
- Partners working for Next Games
- Other companies
- Public authorities
- Advertising partners
- Social media platforms
Rights of California Residents
Under the CCPA, residents of the State of California have certain rights to their personal information. Residents of the State of California may exercise their rights as explained below.
When you submit a request to exercise your rights under the CCPA, Next Games is required to verify that you actually are the consumer to whose personal information the request relates to, or a person authorized to act on that consumer’s behalf. Next Games may ask you to provide additional information about the account to which the request relates to enable us to confirm that you are the account holder or authorized to act on their behalf.
Right to know: You have the right to know what personal information we collect and have collected, from which sources, for which purposes and the partners we share it with. You also have the right to request the specific personal information Next Games has collected about you. This request can be made free of charge twice in any 12-month period. In addition, you have the right to know which categories of personal information we have sold or disclosed for a business purpose to third parties.
Deletion: You have the right to request the deletion of any personal information Next Games has collected about you, subject to certain exceptions provided in the CCPA (including, for example, the situations where Next Games needs to keep your personal information against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity or to comply with a national or international legal obligation).
Right to opt-out: You have the right to forbid Next Games from selling your personal information. Exercising this right means that Next Games will no longer share your identifiers and other information with our advertising partners to make the advertisements you see more relevant to you. To exercise your right to opt-out, please use the automated tools we provide for this purpose in certain games or contact our player support.
Non-discrimination: You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
How Next Games may sell your personal information
Under the CCPA, businesses are required to provide notice to consumers before they sell the consumer’s personal information to third parties. The CCPA defines a “sale” as not only an exchange for monetary consideration, but also disclosures of personal information for other valuable consideration.
Next Games does not sell personal information of users in exchange for money. However, when Next Games requests an advertising partner to show you an advertisement in games operated by Next Games, we may disclose a limited amount of your personal information to the advertising partners to enable them to deliver an advertisement that is relevant to you. This process includes the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers (advertising ID, IP address)
- Internet network activity information (consumer behavior, technical information required to select and deliver the advertisement)
Because this disclosure of personal information can be deemed as a “sale” of personal information within the meaning of the CCPA, Next Games provides you the means to ask us not to disclose your personal information to our advertising partners for this purpose.
If we have actual, verifiable knowledge that you are under the age of 16, we will not sell your personal information without your authorization.