SENIOR GAME DESIGNER
Where others see a mousetrap, you see a piece of cheese and an interesting challenge. As a game designer you pride yourself on creating the systems and rules that govern the playing experience, and are adept at explaining your concepts to a dynamic development team. You live and breathe free-to-play games with strong social elements and want to take the market forward with leading designs. For the right candidate, this is a unique opportunity to work with some of the world’s most well-known IPs such as The Walking Dead.
This is what you’ll get to work on:
- Work with the development team and the Executive Producer to define and drive the design of a game: the mechanics, story, missions, and more
- Map out how the viewer fantasy of world class IPs translates into the mechanics that drive the player fantasy of our future game titles
- Plan and implement the game economy and gameplay, and tune it with live game metrics and user experience testing
- Participate in developing concepts and prototypes for our future titles
- Develop and maintain design documentation, including gameplay mechanics, guidelines, UI flows, game loops and player progression as needed by the team
Our ideal candidate fits as many of the following as possible:
- Free-to-play game design experience is a must!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Passion for games and the ability to articulate that passion clearly and analytically
- Proven track record of professional game design, ideally on mobile
- Excellent analytical, facilitation and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in an agile, iterative manner with the game team
- Disciplined and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Experience in designing cooperative or competitive social game mechanics in a mobile game is a big plus
- User interface and user experience design experience a big plus
- Being comfortable with modelling and balancing systems is a big plus
Next Games is proud to be ranked as one of the best employers in Finland by the esteemed Great Place to Work© organization! We are the only game studio on the list and believe that our strong value-based culture is one of the main reasons our employees love to work here.
Here at Next Games we aim high, and will ask you to do the same. In exchange, you’ll be part of a team that is great to work with, who is dedicated and passionate about what we do – we believe passion is contagious. Giving each Nextgamer the tools and means to succeed in their job is our priority. We believe the fruits of our labor should be shared with everyone at Next Games. We offer the opportunity to work with a great bunch of passionate and dedicated people, a competitive salary and benefits package, and first and foremost a big challenge.
If you believe in the same things, don’t hesitate any longer, apply now! Please be in touch soon as we’ll proceed once the right person is found.