Next Games is a leading developer and publisher of licensed mobile games and aims to be a trendsetter in developing engaging and social mobile games based on well-known entertainment franchises.
We are looking for another amazing individual to join our ranks as Director, Legal and take on the next big challenge!
You would be joining a team of approximately 90 professionals and take on the responsibility for the full range of legal matters associated with the operations of a publicly traded mobile gaming company, including corporate, intellectual property, contract, employment, privacy and securities law and regulatory matters. You would be involved with negotiating and documenting our game licensing and other commercial agreements with global entertainment companies and other partners. We would also look to you to support the executive team in the planning, documentation and execution of strategic M&A transactions, as well as other ongoing legal matters, analyses and risk evaluations.
Given that this is a new position within our organization, we would expect you to have considerable influence in how this role shapes in the longer run.
As a candidate, your experience, skills and interests should include:
- A master level degree in law from a Finnish university (or qualification to practice in Finland)
- Native or near-native level Finnish and English skills, both written and oral
- Minimum of 5 years of post-graduation legal experience working in a law firm, corporation or other professional environment
- Proven maturity and skills in corporate, intellectual property, contract, M&A or other relevant legal fields
- Disciplined and self-motivated work ethic and positive can-do and collaborative team player attitude
- Excellent social skills that allow effective interaction with colleagues from a multitude of cultural and professional backgrounds
- Proactivity, flexibility, ability to learn fast and adapt to changing situations
We would consider as a plus:
- Studies or relevant work experience outside of Finland and relevant non-legal studies
- Experience in playing games yourself
- General interest in the entertainment, software and related industries
You would be based at our office in Helsinki city center and your work would involve travel, especially to our key markets in the United States and Asia.
Here at Next Games we aim high and will ask you to do the same. In exchange, you’ll be part of a team that is great to work with, who is dedicated and passionate about what we do – we believe passion is contagious. Giving each Nextgamer the tools and means to succeed in their job is our priority. We believe the fruits of our labor should be shared with everyone at Next Games. We offer the opportunity to work with a great bunch of passionate and dedicated people, a competitive salary and benefits package, and first and foremost a big challenge.
Does this sound like you? Send your cover letter, CV and qualifications (including university and matriculation transcripts) with your salary request by August 28, 2017. We will start screening the applications already during the application period.
We carry out the recruitment process together with Avance Attorneys. For more information about this job opportunity with Next Games, please call Coordinator Martina Lepistö, Avance Attorneys, tel. +358 50 565 9110 on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday between 1pm–3pm.