Do you have a passion for IFRS? Do you enjoy making sense of numbers? Does Excel just knock your socks right off? Are you eager to transform an organization from FAS to IFRS and implement new ways of working? If the answer is YES, then look no further!
We are looking for a growth-minded finance professional to take on the next big challenge:
CONTROLLER, FINANCIAL REPORTING
As our Controller within Financial Reporting, you will be in a key role in preparing financial statements on a monthly and quarterly basis, and a force to be reckoned with when implementing new ways of working. We have big dreams, you should too!
You’re eager to tackle challenges head-on and enjoy working in a dynamic growth environment. You own an analytical mind-set and have excellent problem-solving skills and a keen eye for details. You should enjoy working independently but hopefully are no stranger to teamwork.
You will get to work with around 80 friendly and talented games professionals in our amazing office in the centre of Helsinki, and you’ll report to CFO. We offer you an amazing opportunity to grow and learn through working for a newly listed company on Nasdaq First North.
This is what you’ll get to work on:
- Begin the work to transform our organization from FAS to IFRS
- Hands-on controller duties, including reviewing financial books and overseeing payables and receivables
- Oversee, maintain and develop accounting policies and instructions
- Participate in preparation of annual and interim financial statements
- Participate in development of financial accounting and reporting processes as well as internal controls
- Provide expertise, guide and support in financial accounting and closing procedures by ensuring that all financial information is in compliance with guidelines (Accounting Manual, directives etc.)
- Assist in mergers & acquisitions related accounting topics
- Act as a financial support for internal stakeholders – help people to understand policies and implementing them
As an ideal candidate, your experience and skills could include:
- Relevant academic degree, for example, M.Sc. Economics, Finance or related subject preferred
- +3 years of relevant work experience e.g. proven experience in financial accounting and reporting according to IFRS
- Good understanding of IFRS and motivation to stay updated
- Proven track record of project management skills
- Excellent understanding of finance processes and internal controls combined with development-minded attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Finnish or Swedish
- Ability to drive change initiatives independently.
- A fair team player with can-do attitude, service mind-set and customer focus
- Interest to learn the gaming industry by actively playing F2P games
- A passion for diving deep into industry specific KPI’s
A background working for a company as they moved from FAS to IFRS is a big plus. Experience counts either as having worked as an external consultant, or been internally working for a company going through this change.
Next Games is proud to be ranked as one of the best employers in Finland by the esteemed Great Place to Work© organization! We are the only game studio on the list and believe that our strong value-based culture is one of the main reasons our employees love to work here. We are passionate about our core values – Caring, Curiosity, and Courage – so these should be close to your heart as well.
Does this sound like you? Send your CV and cover letter along with your salary request as soon as possible, by latest May 5, 2017, as we’ll proceed once we’ve found the right person to join our team!
For further information about the position please contact CFO Annina Salvén at +358 50 570 5550 on Fridays between 14:15 and 17:00.